We’ve been growing Tower Gardens since 2009. In the last few months I’ve heard folks chatting in the Tower to Table Facebook Group about an easy way to clean Tower Garden with a wonder ingredient they’ve been using to clean their Towers. We thought it sounded to good to be true, until we tried it. Wowzas!!!!
Read on to learn how to clean Tower Garden, the easy way.
And this was after a 15 minute soak! “So what’s the magic ingredient?” you ask. Ready?
How to Clean Tower Garden
- Take the Tower Garden apart and empty the reservoir. If you have plants that you wish to continue growing, put the roots of the plants in a tote with a few inches of water. You just need enough to cover the roots and you do not need to add minerals to it. They will only be there for a few hours or overnight.
- Place all growing pots, clips and net pots in the reservoir.
- Fill the reservoir with water and a cup of Citric Acid.
- Leave to soak for at least one hour. Longer soaks maybe needed if your Tower hasn’t been thoroughly cleaned for a while, your water is hard or contains a lot of iron.
- Take each piece out, empty the reservoir and rinse each piece well.
- Reassemble the Tower Garden following these videos for the FLEX or this one for the HOME.
If you prefer to watch a video, check it out below!
And there you have it! How to clean Tower Garden with citric acid! It doesn’t get any easier than this! I sure wish I had known about this back in 2009 when we started growing Towers. It certainly would have saved us hours of elbow grease.